2g - Work and Learning Program Elements (Preview of FY19 elements)
July 2018: As of July 6, 2018, the placement screen now contains an updated Work and Learning Program Elem
Three of the fields in this section are required:
- Does the placement have a Work-Based Learning Plan? (no change from previous years)
- Was this placement connected to a workshop, class or other instructional component? (similar to other years, but now a checklist rather than dropdown list, with some updated choices.)
- STEM PLACEMENT checkbox – a new required field.
Other fields are recommended (optional):
- The former “Career Area” field is now called “Career Focus.” This is now a recommended field. The Career Focus field will use a dropdown list with the national framework of sixteen career areas, with detailed occupations within each of the sixteen areas. You can select a broad career cluster or a more-specific occupational area. The list is tailored for typical youth job & internship placements.
- A new question about targeting asks if the placement is targeted based on the student’s pathway or CVTE program, based on a regionally-targeted industry (such as the “Blue Economy / Marine Industries” target for Cape and the Islands); based on student career interests or just a general work experience. These questions are optional, and may provide usefuil information for new CA BluePrint implementation, for Innovation Pathway developmenet or other initiatives.